Saturday, October 9, 2010

3-Bean Salad...The Healthier Way

I had two cans of Chickpeas, a can of Cannelini Beans and, a can of Black Beans that were sitting in my pantry. The original idea was to make Sauteed Greens w/ Cannelini beans, a dip with the black ones, and pasta w/ chickpeas. When it came time to make a dish, I didn't. I have never been a bean fan. So, the cans sat in my pantry. Waiting.

Today, I am still on the "high" of meeting my first weightloss goal and have been very aware of what I am eating. I had a Strawberry/Bananna Smoothie for breakfast, Baked Potatoe with a breadstick for lunch. So for dinner I wanted to be creative

So without further Ado I give you:

Melissa's 3 Bean Salad (yes, I googled to make sure chickpeas were beans lol)

Ingredients:
1 can each: Chickpeas, Cannelini beans, and Black beans. (Dry beans are always a better choice, but are more time consuming)
Tomatoe
Onion
Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Light Italian Dressing (the 10 cal version)

What To Do:
Dump the beans into a microwaveable bowl. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Then pop them in the fridge to cool.
Once the beans are cool, add chopped tomatoe and onion.
Toss with a little bit of Olive Oil and 2 Tbs Italian dressing
Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment