Friday, November 26, 2010

I bit the bullet and weighed myself this morning

Well yesterday was Thanksgiving and this morning was *dum dum dum* weigh in morning. I stared at the scale for a good twenty minutes before I stepped on it. I was mentally preparing myself for what I was certain I would see, something I always see this time of year...a gain. I was mentally preparing myself for the emotions that I knew would flow once I stepped on the scale. I was already planning out in my head the email I would send my trainer "Luke, I failed..."

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and stepped on the scale. All the while telling myself it didn't matter how much the gain was, I could fix it.

I stood on the scale with my eyes closed for 5 minutes.

I couldn't look at the display. I was so close to officially losing 30 pounds. So close to reaching my goal of being under 200 before Christmas. So close. I knew that if I looked at that display, my determination would shatter. My confidence would waver.

I slowly cracked open one eye and looked down. My heart skipped a beat or two. I opened my other eye. A tear fell down my cheek.

My weight on Tuesday~ 208 pounds. 2 pounds away from officially losing 30 pounds. 8 pounds away from my first goal.

My weight today, after a yummy Thanksgving dinner last night~ 206 pounds!

That is right. As of today I have officially lost 30 pounds. I am 30 pounds less than I was in my before picture. 30 pounds.

I never imagined I would lose 3 pounds let alone 30 pounds. And to step on that scale, after Thanksgiving no less, and see that I have done it. I was true to my promise to not gain a single pound this Thanksgiving. I lost two pounds.

I feel amazing this morning. I am now 6 pounds away from weighing less than 200 pounds for the first time in 4 1/2 years.

30 pounds gone. 46 pounds away from my final goal.

Bring it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment